Meet Representative Thompson
State Representative Ed Thompson proudly serves the 29th District in the Texas House of Representatives, encompassing the northern and eastern part of Brazoria County.
Since taking oath in 2013, Representative Thompson has served as Vice Chairman for multiple House committees including: Vice Chairman for the House Transportation Committee, Vice Chairman for the House Environmental Regulation Committee, and Vice Chairman for the House Land and Resource Management Committee. He was also appointed to the House Appropriations Committee, House Resolutions Calendars Committee, and House Special Purpose Districts. In these roles, Ed has been a vocal advocate for the district on vital issues facing the state, such as securing funding for Texas roads, funding our public schools, improving border safety and security, increasing funding for water resources, and safeguarding Texans’ Constitutional rights.
Over the past 5 sessions, Representative Thompson has earned top recognitions including:
- Courageous Conservative Award by the Texas Conservative Coalition,
- Effective Conservative from the Texas Conservative Roundtable
- Top Conservative rating by the Eagle Forum,
- 100% Rating from the Concerned Women of America
- Fighter for Free Enterprise by the Texas Association of Business
- “A” rating from the National Rifle Association
- “A” rating from the Texas State Rifle Association
- 100% Pro-Life from the Texas Alliance for Life
- 2014 Golden Eagle Award from the Bay Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Service Above Self Virgil Gant award from the Pearland Rotary Club
- 100% pro-small business voting record from the National Federation of Independent Business-Texas
- Award for Conservative Excellence from the American Conservative Union Foundation
Representative Thompson and his wife Frederica, “Freddie,” live in Pearland, Texas where he has devoted 40 years to his community as an insurance agent and high school football referee. Prior to serving as the State Representative for District 29, he was Mayor Pro-Tem of Pearland, where he fought for sensible policies to help local families and businesses thrive. He has helped implement a pro-job creation environment as Past Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce and Past President of the Economic Development Corporation. He also worked to ensure the best quality education while preparing for rapid population growth during his time on the Pearland ISD Board of Trustees. Representative Thompson has made it a priority to stay in close contact with local ISDs, superintendents, and retired teachers, as well as the surrounding community colleges and universities to guarantee that the area’s education needs are met.
- Room 4S.3
- P.O. Box 2910
- Austin, TX 78768
- 512-463-8717 Fax
- 2341 N. Galveston Ave., Suite 120
- Pearland, TX 77581
- Friends of Ed Thompson
- P.O. Box 3453
- Pearland, TX 77588
Political advertising paid for by Friends of Ed Thompson.